Friday, February 12, 2010

Ethos' Haitian Relief Fund

Boston has the third highest Haitian population in the United States, as a result many of my co-workers are Haitian and have suffered great losses back in their home country. My work, Ethos, has started a Haitian Relief Fund of which the money goes directly to the families of my co-workers. (They fill out an application of need and they are granted the money upon approval from the committee and then they get the money and Ethos collects the wired receipt.) My co-workers have used the money for things like buying tents and basic needs items. Or in more heartbreaking circumstances the money is used to prevent mass grave burials for loved ones.

I know that many of you have already donated money, but if you still haven't decided where to direct your money, this is another option. One good thing is your money is literally getting into the hands of those who need it, so you don't have to worry about administrative costs, etc that you find with larger aid organizations. This is not a plea, but just another option and should only be considered as such. If you are interested, donations can be made out to "Ethos" with "Haitian Relief Fund" in the memo. Ethos is located at 555 Amory Street, Jamaica Plain, MA 02130. Or you may send the checks to me and I can submit them on your behalf.

No comments: